Call for Comments on Proposed Amendments to and Draft of the JCAA Arbitration Rules
To accommodate the diverse needs of users, the JCAA is currently in the process of revising and drawing up the following rules. The rules are expected to come into effect in July of this year.
(1) Amendments to the expedited arbitration procedures prescribed in the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Interactive Arbitration Rules
(2) New rules for the JCAA to act as appointing authority when parties so agree in cases not administered under the JCAA arbitration rules
(3) Amendments to the Administrative Fee
The JCAA had drawn up the amendments to the current rules and the draft of new rules, which have been reviewed by the Committee for the Amendment and Establishment of JCAA Arbitration Rules* in March of this year. The JCAA presents here the draft of revised and new rules and invites you to submit your comments.
For more details of the amendments and draft rules, please download the explanatory documents via the links at the bottom of this page..
* The Committee members are as follows.
Committee Chair: Kazuhiko Yamamoto (Professor, Hitotsubashi University)
Members: Douglas K. Freeman (Attorney), Naoki Idei (Attorney), Shusuke Kakiuchi (Professor, Tokyo University), Oki Mori (Attorney)
Before submitting your comments, please be aware of the following points and follow the instructions below.
(1) Your comments or the summary of your comments are subject to being published.
(2) Your name or the name of your organization will not be published, but the attributes are subject to being published.
(3) JCAA does not respond directly to individual comments.
1. Period for public comments
On or before May 12, 2021 (Wed.) JST
2. How to submit your comments
Please send your comments by email to JCAA secretariat.
3. Enquiry contact
Arbitration & Mediation Department
Director, Chief Arbitration & Mediation Officer
The Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA)